Joy of the Journey: Art Camp for Women--July 20 - 24, 2020
Joy of the Journey: Art Camp for Women
July 20 - 24, 2020
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Yellow Brick Road Studio
8271 Shimmering Rock Road
Gainesville, VA 20155
Instructor: Kerry Molina
The Yellow Brick Road Studio’s camp “Joy of the Journey” is a one-of-a-kind 5-day camp for women who are ready to dedicate some real time to relax, restore and renew. As women, we work and handle, juggle and manage…and we rock at it, don’t we? Now it is time to add in some true self-care.
At YBR, we believe that all of us have buried gifts inside. Like the characters in The Wizard of Oz, we often think we need outside sources to validate us. We tend to let this happen while we are busy taking care of everyone else. Let’s slow down enough to recognize inspiration, reconnect with our inner creative energy and enjoy the journey.
- The purposes of “Joy of the Journey:”
- Renewal and self-discovery
- Positive vibes
- Personal creative growth
- Creativity and artistic adventures
- Learning to trust the magic and embrace new possibilities
- Supportive community of like-minded souls
- Relaxation and Pampering
Each day's experience is expertly designed to touch on each purpose listed above, but in a variety of ways so that every day is unique. Expect fun surprises along the way too!
“Joy of the Journey” is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to tap back into her creativity, awaken her dormant self, get messy and make connections. Give yourself the gift of time and space to connect with your inner visions and express them in a supportive small-group environment.
- Activities you will do every day:
- Personal journaling based on prompts
- Make art
- Enjoy your lunch with the group on a lovely, decorated backyard patio (or inside with AC)
- Receive a present or surprise
- Connect and forge friendships with the other women and the instructors
- Other Wonderful Goings-on throughout the Week:
- writing activities
- mini art history lessons
- swap shop
- nature walk
- potluck lunch
- winery picnic
- A closing ceremony and gallery share
- And lots more fun surprises along the way
You are IN if you are paid! (There are only 8 spots per week and once they are full, your registration won't go through.)
Please ALSO fill out this: Registration Form--Adult Camp
Before your week, you will receive a personalized, handwritten, artful note from me!
Daily snacks and treats and beverages
*Working on a detailed list! Stay tuned! But you don't need much, I promise. Mostly just bring YOURSELF and YOUR LUNCH. :)
- Policies: Spots secured by registration. 8 seats available. At least 4 are needed to run the camp. If you pay and the camp does not run, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation: Refunds are given (minus $50 cancellation fee) if the cancellation is made at least two weeks prior to the first day of the camp. Refunds are not given for days not attended.
- A $25 late fee will be added to any camp registration received after the first meeting. (Late registrations are only allowed for classes that do not have full enrollment.) Should a student miss a class due to personal conflicts, sickness or prior engagement the instructors are not required to offer make-up lessons to that student.
- There are two cats and a dog on the premises (on a different floor) (mentioned for allergy concerns).
- Instructor: Kerry Molina. More can be found about the instructor at www.kerrymolina.com
Many more details will be sent your way as plans get finalized!
Join us for an inspirational learning adventure that will feed your heart and soul.